Legg Mason does not engage in any of the following recruiting practices:
- Legg Mason does not ask potential candidates to provide financial, banking, or other personally identifiable information (such as social security numbers, etc.) as part of the initial interview process
- Legg Mason does not actively solicit potential candidates through Craigslist, nor does it post job listings on Craigslist
- Legg Mason does not conduct interviews through any instant messaging system
- Legg Mason does not use personal email accounts to communicate with potential candidates (such as Yahoo or Gmail accounts)
- Legg Mason does not communicate with potential candidates via text message
You should also be suspicious of any written communication that does not use proper grammar, contains typographical errors, or provides an offer of employment that is “too good to be true” (such as an hourly rate that is not commensurate with the job title).
If you are contacted by someone purporting to be from Legg Mason who engages in any of the activity identified above, it is most likely a scam. You may report the event by (1) emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, (2) contacting your local law enforcement authorities, or (3) if the email system or internet is used, filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (www.ic3.gov).