Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs): Customized solutions for individual needs
What investment style best suits you?
Investors looking for a personalized approach to investing that provides the customization, transparency and tax efficiency they require may consider separately managed accounts (SMAs). Working with Legg Mason, one of the largest providers of SMAs, investors have the flexibility to choose from a variety of customized investment strategies – accessing a complete suite of equity and fixed income offerings, including single-style, balanced or multi-discipline accounts or individualized portfolios.
One of the largest SMA providers, with a history of innovation
Strong Investment Expertise
Our independent investment affiliates possess a depth of experience and a breadth of resources
Equity and fixed income strategies, including single-style, balanced and multi-style portfolio
Style-pure strategies designed to actively incorporate sustainable investment guidelines
Benefit from a breadth of diverse capabilities
- Customized solutions, personalized to meet your individualized investment objectives
- Independent investment affiliates known for tenured management teams and decades of experience in their respective investment styles
- A full spectrum of capabilities across equity styles and market capitalizations, as well as taxable and tax-exempt fixed income
- Insights and innovations, including our ground-breaking multiple-style SMAs, known as the Multiple Discipline Account® (MDA), launched in 1997
- Category expertist from our investment partner, ClearBridge is the largest mainstream investment manager to commit to sustainable investing; and it developed a dedicated Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) Program in 1987, with style-pure strategies designed to actively incorporate sustainable investment guidelines
- Exceptional service and support backed by the depth and breadth of Legg Mason’s internal and affiliate resources
The strength of customization
Whether investors are seeking income growth, total return, or capital preservation, Legg Mason’s comprehensive array of quality solutions is designed to give them the individualized approach they require. Our active, multi-manager model is a more hands-on approach not driven by benchmarks but by outcomes. With SMAs, investors have a greater level of transparency and control over the investment decisions that impact their expenses, tax efficiency and risk/return profile.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Want the flexibility to diversify strategies while retaining liquidity and potential tax benefits? SMAs offer active management to match your investment style.
Your values and investment can go hand in hand. Before “sustainable investing” became mainstream, many assumed that returns would suffer. But today, investors realize that there’s no need for trade-offs.
Laddered Bonds, Expert Selection
A corporate bond ladder portfolio may provide predictable, long-term income growth during periods of rising rates.
- A well-established, global equity manager focusing on proprietary research and fundamental investing
- Over 50 years of experience building portfolios for clients seeking income solutions, high active share or low volatility
- Long-tenured portfolio managers provide strong leadership in a centralized investment structure
- One of the world’s leading fixed income managers, focused on long-term, top-down and bottom-up fundamental value investing
- Founded in 1971, the firm has nine offices around the globe and deep experience across the range of fixed income sectors
- An investment approach emphasizing team management and intensive proprietary research, supported by robust risk management
Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) are investment services provided by Legg Mason Private Portfolio Group, LLC (LMPPG), a federally registered investment advisor. Client portfolios are managed based on investment instructions or advice provided by one or more of the following Legg Mason-affiliated sub-advisers: ClearBridge Investments, LLC and Western Asset Management Company. Management is implemented by LMPPG, the designated sub-advisor or, in the case of certain programs, the program sponsor or its designee.
All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please see each product’s webpage for specific details regarding investment objective, risks associated with hedge funds, alternative investments and other risks, performance and other important information. Review this information carefully before you make any investment decision.
Active management does not ensure gains or protect against market declines.