EZ IRA Retirement Saving
EASY RETIREMENT SAVINGS FOR YOUR CLIENTS
Small-company employees should not be sold short on retirement saving.
Every hard-working American should be able to plan for retirement. And according to the American Retirement Association, when given the opportunity to save for retirement at work, a very sizable 71.5% of employees will take advantage of that savings option! Not surprisingly, that number dips drastically to 4.6% when they have no savings option at work. It is no exaggeration to call this a retirement-coverage crisis.
THE SOLUTION? EZ IRA.
The mission of the EZ IRA program is to partner with employers to offer a retirement savings plan to every American, regardless of company size.
Legg Mason has teamed up with iVEZT and Aspire Financial to bring to market a compelling solution for an underserved market. Aspire provides the recordkeeping and account processing capabilities. iVEZT works with the payroll companies who promote the EZ IRA to their end clients, who are close to 10,000,000 in number. Legg Mason will provide the investment options that are available under EZ IRA.
The potential benefits of the EZ IRA program are fourfold.
You have the ability to cost-effectively expand your client base and to manage with ease.
Employees can conveniently set up an account and choose from multiple investment options.
Employers are exempt from contributions and fiduciary liability.
Payroll Companies have an opportunity for business growth and a new recurring revenue stream.
Take a closer look at the many advantages of EZ IRA.
Potential benefits to advisors
- Ability to cost-effectively expand their client base through a qualified lead generation process within a targeted geographical territory.
- Technology platform aggregates book of business, providing easy manageability; viewable online by plan, company or individual.
- Segments EZ IRA book of business and keenly targets cross-selling efforts.
Potential benefits to payroll companies
- Drives competitive advantage
- Provides business growth through unique service offering
- Creates a new recurring revenue stream
- Leverages existing payroll integration functionality
- Increases employee satisfaction
- Delivers innovative technology
Potential benefits to employers
- No employer contributions
- No 5500 form filing
- No fiduciary liability
- No participation restrictions
- Enhances benefits program
Potential benefits to employees
- Delivers convenient and easy setup
- Processes simple and flexible contributions
- Provides multiple investment options
- Supports retirement readiness
- Provides access to a well-qualified financial advisor
Here’s how our EZ IRA partnership works:
iVEZT, as the sponsor of the EZ IRA program, arranges for the provision of recordkeeping and IRA custodial services and oversees the payroll company approval process for the EZ IRA program.
As a service provider to iVEZT, Aspire powers technology-enabled recordkeeping and account processing capabilities for the EZ IRA program.
Legg Mason is the provider of the underlying investment options offered in the EZ IRA program. These include funds listed in the enrollment form, as well as other Legg Mason funds that are offered through Legg Mason Investor Services, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Legg Mason, Inc.
With EZ IRA, you have the opportunity to answer a vital need and amplify your client base.
Leverage our valuable tools and resources.
Investment choices for your clients? We offer many.
Our EZ IRA program offers a broad range of options* across a variety of asset classes and management styles.
*(I and R share classes available.)
Before investing, carefully consider a Fund’s investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can find this and other information in each prospectus, or summary prospectus, if available, which is available at www.leggmasonfunds.com. Please read it carefully.
All investments involve risk, including loss of principal. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. Please see each product’s webpage for specific details regarding investment objective, risks associated with hedge funds, alternative investments and other risks, performance and other important information. Review this information carefully before you make any investment decision.