IMPORTANT: By accessing this website, you agree to the terms set out below. If you do not agree to the terms, please do not use this website.
Your privacy is very important to Legg Mason Asset Management Hong Kong Limited (“LMAMHK”) and its affiliates (collectively hereafter “Legg Mason”). To the extent any information you provide to Legg Mason constitutes personal data, we have set procedures for the use of that information.
From time to time, it is necessary for you to supply Legg Mason with personal data in connection with the use of this website, in the course of business relationship with Legg Mason, for provision of services to you, and/or for processing requests from you. The kinds of data that may be collected include, without limitation, name, job title, email address, phone number, address, and name of the company you represent.
Failure to supply such personal data may result in your inability to use or access this website, or parts of this website, and/or Legg Mason being unable to process your request and/or provide services to you.
Please note that if you telephone Legg Mason, calls may be monitored or recorded to maintain and improve services.
The purposes for which personal data relating to you may be used are as follows:
- enabling and/or ensuring the daily operation of this website and/or services provided to you;
- processing your requests submitted to Legg Mason, whether through this website or by other means;
- promoting and marketing services and products of Legg Mason;
- providing alerts, newsletters, leaflets, investor communications and investment education materials requested/signed up by users;
- designing and organising financial, investment seminars/events/forums;
- compliance with the disclosure, reporting, and any other legal and regulatory requirements (including without limitation, tax reporting, detection, investigation and prevention of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery, corruption and fraud) under any applicable laws and regulations, judgment, court order, sanctions regime or Legg Mason group’s compliance policy;
- enabling a potential purchaser of all or any part of the business or shares of Legg Mason to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of such purchase; and
- purposes directly related to or incidental to the above, including, without limitation, seeking professional advice.
Personal data held by Legg Mason relating to you will be kept confidential but Legg Mason may transfer such information to the following parties whether within or outside Hong Kong for the purposes set out above:
- the ultimate holding company, subsidiaries and/or affiliates of LMAMHK, and the employees, officers and directors of LMAMHK and such holding company, subsidiaries and/or affiliates;
- the intermediaries of Legg Mason (including third party financial institutions such as banks and insurers);
- any agent, contractor, cloud provider or third party service provider who provides administrative, research, design, launch, data storage, telecommunications, software development and application, printing, letter-shopping, mailing, computer, payment, securities clearing and settlement or other services to Legg Mason in connection with the operation of its business; and
- any legal, regulatory, judicial, administrative, public or law enforcement body, or governmental, tax, revenue, monetary, securities or future exchange, court, central bank or other authorities, or self-regulatory or industry bodies or associations of financial service providers, or any of their agents with jurisdiction over all or any part of Legg Mason group.
Our website utilizes a variety of technologies (including, without limitation, cookies and web beacons) to collect, store, and aggregate data about usage and browsing patterns. These technologies may identify users and can store information about them and their usage and browsing patterns. These technologies help us analyze and better understand the use of this website by the users so that improvements can be made to this website.
Data collected by Legg Mason may be maintained for such period of time required under applicable laws and regulations or as otherwise required to fulfil any of the purposes set out above.
You are entitled under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486 of Laws of Hong Kong) (the "Ordinance") to check whether Legg Mason holds personal data about you and request access to such data, request Legg Mason to correct any personal data relating to you which is inaccurate, and ascertain Legg Mason’s policies and practices in relation to personal data and be informed of the kind of personal data held by Legg Mason. In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, Legg Mason has the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing of any data access request.
All requests for access to or correction of personal data or for information regarding the policies and practices and kinds of data held by Legg Mason, should be addressed to:
Data Protection Officer
Legg Mason Asset Management Hong Kong Limited
Suites 1202-03, 12/F, York House, The Landmark
15 Queen's Road Central
Nothing in this Policy shall limit your rights under the Ordinance.
In case of any discrepancies between the English and Chinese versions of this Policy, the English version shall prevail.
Issued and approved by Legg Mason Asset Management Hong Kong Limited which is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong, and whose registered office is at Suites 1202-03, 12/F, York House, The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong.