- INVESTMENT INVOLVES RISKS. The value of the Fund can be volatile and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
- The Fund is a sub-fund of Legg Mason Global Funds plc, an open-ended umbrella investment company constituted in Ireland. The Fund seeks to provide income, with a secondary objective of long-term capital appreciation, by investing in equity securities and equity-related securities that are listed or traded on markets located in the Asia Pacific region.
- Investors will be exposed to equity market, Asia markets, custody and settlement and currency risks. Non-Renminbi based investors are exposed to foreign exchange risk.
- The Fund may invest in emerging markets which involve special risks, including liquidity, volatility, currency, political, economic, legal and regulatory risks.
- Investors will be exposed to China-specific risks, including the risk of significant change in Chinese political, social or economic policy, which may adversely affect the capital growth and performance of such investments. There are also special risks associated with the Shanghai-Hong Kong Stock Connect and/or Shenzhen-Hong Kong Stock Connect and the risks and uncertainties associated with the current PRC tax laws may adversely affect the Fund’s value
- Investors will be exposed to Risk associated with exchanges requirements of the equity markets in Australia and New Zealand
- The Fund may use certain types of financial derivative instruments ("FDIs"). The Fund may suffer a substantial loss arising from the use of FDIs.
- The Fund may invest in Australian Trusts and Real Estate Investment Trusts which involves additional risks.
- Investors should not invest based on this marketing material alone. Offering documents should be read for further details, including the risk factors.
- The directors of Legg Mason Global Funds Plc may at their discretion pay dividends out of capital of a Distributing Plus Share Class. The payment of dividends out of capital effectively amounts to a return or withdrawal of an investor´s original capital investment or of capital gains attributable to that original investment. Such distribution will result in a corresponding immediate decrease in the Net Asset Value per share of these Share Classes.
The Legg Mason Martin Currie Asia Pacific Ex Japan Real Income Fund seeks to provide income, with a secondary objective of long-term capital appreciation, by investing in equity securities and equity-related securities that are listed or traded on markets located in the Asia Pacific region.
Road to Monopoly Success
Get RICH at Real-life Monopoly with Legg Mason Martin Currie Asia Pacific Ex Japan Real Income Fund
The Fund offers a unique blend of listed real assets on REITs, Infrastructure, Utilities, characterised by stablished physical assets with recurring cash flows from Asia (ex Japan) countries.
Active Management in Real Assets: The COVID-19 Response and Outlook
Being selective is crucial going forward
Growing Real Asset Opportunities in Asia Pacific ex Japan
The growing opportunity set of Asia Real Assets will further diversify the geographic and sector choice for investors.
Real Estate Investment Trusts: Built for Income
REITs are an attractive asset class backed by tangible real assets. With REITs, income focused investors can invest alongside long-term population and demographic growth and be less worried about short term market volatility and sentiment.
Toll Roads: En Route to Income
Toll roads are a prime example of how transportation real assets can meet the needs of income investors. Driven by population growth, vehicle volume and a willing government; toll road companies can leverage its almost monopolistic nature to be generators of cash and steady distributors of income.
2 Source: BNY Mellon, as of 21 May 2020. Annualised dividend rate = (Dividend per Unit / Fund NAV as of Ex-Date) x (365 Days / Days in distribution period) x 100%. Dividend rate is not indicative of fund performance. A positive dividend yield does not imply a positive return. Past dividend rate is not indicative of future dividend rate. Net asset value of the funds may volatile subject to market factors. Dis (M) = Distributing share class. The share class aims to declare and pay dividend on a monthly basis. Dividend amount or dividend rate is not guaranteed. Dividends of Dis (M) Plus share class may be paid out of the Fund’s capital. The payment of dividends out of capital effectively amounts to a return or withdrawal of an investor´s original capital investment or of capital gains attributable to that original investment. Such distribution will result in a corresponding immediate decrease in the Net Asset Value per share of these Share Classes. Fund benchmark: MSCI Asia Pacific ex Japan (Net Dividends) Index. Prior to 31 March 2020, there is no fund benchmark.
3 Source: Global Infrastructure Hub, 2019. Data projections based on a 2.6% GDP growth assumption for Oceania and 3.7% for Asia. Investment needs includes additional investment needed for countries that have not yet met the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Global Infrastructure Hub was created by the G20 to support public and private investment in quality infrastructure in both developed and emerging markets.