- INVESTMENT INVOLVES RISKS. The value of the Fund can be volatile and investors may not get back the amount originally invested. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
- The Fund is a sub-fund of Legg Mason Global Funds plc, an open-ended umbrella investment company constituted in Ireland. The Fund seeks to maximise total return through income and capital appreciation by investing at least 70% of its Net Asset Value in debt securities issued by Asian issuers and in derivatives on Asian interest rates and currencies.
- Investors will be exposed to debt securities (including risks of Government securities), interest rate, credit, liquidity, concentration, currency, Asian market, custody and settlement and China market risks.
- The Fund may be invested in 'non-investment grade' debt securities, which carry a higher degree of counterparty default and liquidity risks.
- The Fund may invest in mortgage-backed securities and asset-backed securities, which may give rise to higher liquidity, credit, counterparty and interest rate risks.
- The Fund may use certain types of financial derivative instruments ("FDIs") extensively for investment and other non-hedging purposes, which may involve a higher degree of risk such as counterparty, volatility, liquidity, leverage and valuation risks. The Fund may suffer a total or significant loss arising from the extensive use of FDIs.
- The Fund may invest in emerging markets which involve special risks, including liquidity, volatility, currency, political, economic, legal and regulatory risks.
- The directors of Legg Mason Global Funds Plc may at their discretion pay dividends out of capital of a Distributing Plus Share Class. The payment of dividends out of capital effectively amounts to a return or withdrawal of an investor´s original capital investment or of capital gains attributable to that original investment. Such distribution will result in a corresponding immediate decrease in the Net Asset Value per share of these Share Classes.
- Investors should not invest based on this marketing material alone. Offering documents should be read for further details, including the risk factors.
The Legg Mason Western Asset Asian Opportunities Fund seeks to maximise total return through income and capital appreciation by investing at least 70% of its Net Asset Value in debt securities issued by Asian issuers and in derivatives on Asian interest rates and currencies.
Asian Bond Market Review & Outlook
Our base case remains for continued monetary accommodation and proactive fiscal response where necessary in the year ahead
24 March 2020
The Fed’s Latest Moves: A Game-Changer
The Fed policy initiatives introduced in recent weeks together represent a game-changer for the economy -- in ways that go beyond what you might think.
20 March 2020
Banks And The Down Turn: Faring Better
Investors seem very bearish on global banks, as if expecting a 2008-type financial crisis to return in the near term. Yet banks are in a very different place now thanks to strong fundamentals.
20 March 2020
Europe Launches Policy Response to COVID-19
We currently expect the eurozone economy to shrink by around 1% in 2020, taking into account monetary and fiscal policy responses to reduce the damage.
17 March 2020
The Fed’s Emergency Actions
The zero interest rate policy announced by the Fed on Sunday will likely be here for a while -- and could continue even after COVID-19 concerns have moderated.
Portfolio Manager and Head of Investment Management
Asia (ex Japan)
Chia Liang Lian
Head of Emerging Markets Debt,
One of the world’s leading global fixed income managers. Founded in 1971, the firm is known for team management, proprietary research and a long-term fundamental value approach.