Your privacy is very important to Legg Mason Investments (Ireland) Limited. We take the security and confidentiality of your personal data very seriously. To the extent you provide us with, or where we obtain from this website, personal data, we have set procedures for the use of that information. This Policy explains what personal data we may collect, what you may provide us, and how we use and safeguard that personal data.
The data controller of your personal data is Legg Mason Investments (Ireland) Limited, 6th Floor, Building Three, Number One Ballsbridge, 126 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, D04 EP27, Ireland.
We may collect and process the following personal data:
- Information you submit to us through the website (this may include information provided via submission forms, by subscribing to email updates, by requesting services, or submitting correspondence or requesting support for any problems you may encounter while using the website)
- Authorised username and password, if accessing a non-public area of the website
- If you are a registered user of our website who has enabled online access for your account(s) or access to any other service via this website, we collect all information that you submit through an online session to service your request, such as a transaction you've requested us to make further to the performance of a contract between us
- Details of your visits to our website, including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the pages and resources that you access
- Information you submit to us, or that we received from a third party (this may include distribution partners, event sponsors, investor databases, in-person meetings, and the like) personal details such as name, work contact information (address, office/mobile phone, e-mail), title, and other incidental work/job related details
We may collect information about your computer (including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type) for system administration. This is statistical data about our visitors' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
Information Storage & Transfer
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us, one of our group companies or for one of our (or our group companies') suppliers. These non-European Union countries may not have the same or equivalent data protection laws as the European Union. If such transfer occurs, we will ensure that such processing of your personal data is in compliance with applicable data protection laws. For more particular information, please contact us using the details in the Contact Information & Data Subject Rights Request section below. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and used only in accordance with this Policy. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storage or use.
Your personal data will be retained by Legg Mason Investments (Ireland) Limited for the duration of the relationship and, further, in accordance with our legal obligations, including, but not limited to, our data and record retention policy.
Information Usage & Disclosure
We use the personal data collected as follows:
- To service your request - which may also require processing personal data created in the course of the business relationship with Legg Mason Investments (Ireland) Limited
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our website, if and when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our products or services
- To comply with any applicable legal and/or regulatory requirements and any record-keeping obligations
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- For purposes connected with marketing (such as events/promotional information) and customer administration in our legitimate business interest.
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Our group companies
- In the event of a merger or acquisition
- To our third-party service providers
- To enforce the Terms & Conditions of our website or any other contracts entered into between you and us
- To protect our rights or the rights of others, or if we are obligated to do so to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
We do not transmit any personal data collected through this Website to any third-party marketers.
Protecting the confidentiality, integrity and security of your data is of the utmost importance to us. We have in place necessary and appropriate administrative, technological and procedural safeguards, including, but not limited to, state-of-the art technologies and layered security controls, as well as business continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures. These safeguards are designed to prevent or reduce the impact of cybersecurity events, however, there are inherent limitations in such plans and systems and no system should be considered infallible.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security during its transmission to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third party Websites
Our website may contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to a third party, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this Policy
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and your continued use of our website will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
Contact Information & Data Subject rights requests
If you wish to exercise any of the rights you have in respect of your personal data, including but not limited to, your right to access, amend/rectify, erase, port, restrict or otherwise object to our use of your personal data as described here, you should advise Legg Mason Investments (Ireland) Limited by email to email@example.com or in writing to the address listed on this website. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable data protection supervisory authority where you: reside, work or where the alleged infringement has taken place. As of the date of this Policy our lead data protection supervisory authority is the Data Protection Commission in Ireland.
Please note that if you telephone Legg Mason Investments (Ireland) Limited, calls may be monitored or recorded to maintain and improve services.