Terms & Conditions
This website is not directed at any jurisdiction other than those accessible from the international site above. The products described on this website have not been registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, and are not offered and may not be sold in the United States or to US citizens and residents.
Please read the following 'important information' and confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of use of this website and that you will only access information relating to your country of residence. Depending on your jurisdiction you may not have access to all the fund ranges or funds available on this site.
1.0 A brief introduction about this website
No person or company (including other financial sector related companies) may link their website to this website without the express permission of Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited.
1.1 Who is the operator of this website?
2.0 Does this website describe Legg Mason's investment management capabilities?
Each of the investment management companies described in this website (with the exception of Shiozumi Asset Management) is affiliated with Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited through common control and ownership by Legg Mason, Inc. Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited provides its clients with access to such affiliates primarily through its proprietary Irish, Luxembourg and UK domiciled funds, in which such affiliates serve as an investment manager or a sub-investment manager. While some of the affiliates are authorised or licensed to conduct business in one or more European jurisdictions, they may not be authorised to offer their investment advisory services in all European jurisdictions.
2.1 What do I need to know about the accuracy of information contained within this website?
Although Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited shall use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate and kept up to date, it cannot be held responsible for any losses or damage incurred as a result of using any out of date or superseded information on this website.
2.2 Does this website offer financial advice?
2.3 What are the general risk factors I should be aware of before accessing information on this website?
- Past performance is no guide to future returns. Please note that the price of units or shares and the income from them can fall as well as rise and you may not get back the amount originally invested. Income receivable may vary from the amount of income projected at the time of making the investment.
- Exchange rate fluctuations may affect the value of an investment and any income derived from it.
- If you exercise any right to cancel, you may not get back the amount initially invested if the unit or share price has fallen since you invested.
- Deductions for charges and expenses, particularly the initial charge, are not made uniformly throughout the life of the investment, so if you redeem out of the investment during the early years, you may not get back the amount invested.
- The investment products and services may have tax consequences. There can be no guarantee that the tax position or proposed tax position prevailing at the time of an investment will not change and are subject to an individual’s circumstance. You should consult your own tax adviser in order to understand the tax consequences of the products and services on this website
- Dividends and capital gains on securities issued in the relevant funds may be subject to withholding taxes imposed by the countries in which each particular fund invests.
- Acquiring units or shares may expose an investor to a significant risk of losing the entire amount invested.
- Any person who is in any doubt about investing in any of the funds described in this website should consult an authorised person specialising in advising on such investments.
- Investing in financial products carries inherent risks, risks vary by product. For full risk information on any products you should read the prospectus and the key investor information document.
2.4 Are the range of funds on this website available to "U.S. Persons"?
2.5 Does this website include content from third-party providers other than Legg Mason and its subsidiary companies?
The Market Data is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited will not be responsible for lost profits, trading losses, or any other damages resulting from inaccurate, defective, or unavailable Market Data or other information. Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited is not obligated to update or to continue to offer Market Data or other information accessible through this website.
You may also have access to a third party's website. Legg Mason Investment (Europe) Limited is in no way responsible for the content of any website to which this website may link. The information to which the user links is neither prepared nor maintained by Legg Mason Investment (Europe) Limited, and Legg Mason Investment (Europe) Limited has not and will not review or update the information contained in any linked website. Legg Mason Investment (Europe) Limited is not responsible for, and makes no warranty with respect to the contents, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or reliability of the linked website.
2.6 Important information about liability
You agree to indemnify and to keep Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited (including its affiliated or associated companies) and their officers, directors, employees and agents fully and effectively indemnified against any action, cost, claim, injury, loss, damage, proceeding or expense (including but not limited to any legal fees, costs and expenses whatsoever and howsoever arising, including in respect of any third party claim, on a full indemnity basis) occasioned by or arising directly or indirectly from or related to:
(i) your access to and/or use if the Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited website and /or any other third person or entity's use of the website and/or:
(ii) any breach or non-observance of any of these terms and conditions by you and/or any other third party and/or:
(iii) the operation, use or supply of information by you to a third party provided in breach of any of your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
2.7 Intellectual property
(i) copy, reproduce, modify, sell, republish, post, transmit, or distribute in any way material from this website without the express, written permission of Legg Mason Inc.(or any of its subsidiaries),
(ii) use, copy, modify, or display any Legg Mason Inc.(or any of its subsidiaries) name, logo, text, or graphic image without Legg Mason’s express written permission;
(iii) display any of the pages, text, images, or other content of this website using “framing” technology without Legg Mason Inc’s(or any of its subsidiaries) express written permission;~
(iv) modify or use the pages, text, images, or other content from this website for any purpose other than browsing or printing for personal, non-commercial use; or
(v) take any action to create an impression of affiliation, sponsorship, or endorsement between any user and/or website and Legg Mason Inc. (or any of its subsidiaries).
You agree that Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited shall not be under any obligation of confidentiality to you regarding any such information or materials submitted to it using this website unless agreed otherwise in a separate direct contract between you and Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited.
You acknowledge that the contents of the foregoing provisions of these terms and conditions shall not limit any specific provisions which may be set out in the individual terms and conditions of particular products and services offered through this website.
3.0 Changes to content within the website
Please note that if you telephone Legg Mason Investments (Europe) Limited, calls may be monitored or recorded to maintain and improve services.