Treating Customers Fairly
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a key principle that the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requires all regulated firms to have embedded into all aspects of business operations and corporate culture.
TCF requirements apply to all regulated firms, including Franklin Templeton Investment Management Limited (FTIML), and employees of those firms operating in the UK. The six outcomes are listed on the FCA website.
Treating Customers Fairly - Our Approach
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are committed to treating our customers fairly and have had the general principle of putting client interests at the core of our business since we began; they are an integral part of our company values.
Senior Management first published a TCF Charter in 2006, linking the TCF principles to those corporate values and to ensure TCF principles are embedded into our operations, from product development to after sales service.
We have developed a set of principles to ensure treating customers fairly is at the heart of everything we do.
- Review products and services to ensure they meet customers' needs.
- Provide high quality product information to investors and our business partners.
- Create the best possible customer focused investment solutions for our investors.
- Respond to customer needs in a consistent, timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Attend to customer complaints promptly and where applicable make the necessary changes to business processes to prevent a reoccurrence.
- Educate employees so that they understand our business thoroughly and are best placed to provide a superior service to our customers.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of our arrangements to ensure fair treatment of customers.
TCF is an ongoing process within Franklin Templeton, with activity to meet objectives reported to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis.
We aim to provide our clients with the highest possible standards of care and service. If you believe that we have failed to meet your expectations in any way, we would be happy to hear from you and will endeavour to investigate your complaint in detail.
Complaints procedures (PDF <200k)
If you would like to share your views on an aspect of Treating Customers Fairly, or comment on products or services you have experienced, please contact us.