As asset managers, aligning the long-term investment horizons of our clients’ capital with companies that will use that capital to create multi-decade, sustainable value is our ultimate fiduciary duty. Martin Currie believe stewardship is at the heart of this client proposition.
Annual Report 2020
As the ESG landscape continues to rapidly evolve, Martin Currie have maintained their efforts to be ahead of this change, and where possible, help influence it. Highlights of the work they have carried out in the reporting year include:
- Highest possible (A+) rating awarded by the PRI* across all three categories
- Winner of the ICGN Global Stewardship Disclosure Award 2019
- Implementation of proprietary ESG Ratings
- Extensive engagement and voting activity on behalf of their clients
- David Sheasby appointed to Investment Association Stewardship Committee Research and thought leadership shared with clients and industry
*PRI – Principles for Responsible Investment. Engagement and voting activity is for the period 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018.
Past performance is no indication of future performance.
Legg Mason Asset Management Australia Ltd (ABN 76 004 835 849 AFSL 240827) is part of the Global Legg Mason Inc. group. Any reference to ‘Legg Mason Australia’ is a reference to Legg Mason Asset Management Australia Limited. The information in this article is of a general nature only and is not intended to be, and is not, a complete or definitive statement of the matters described in it. The information in this article does not constitute specific investment advice and does not include recommendations on any particular securities. These opinions are subject to change without notice and do not constitute investment advice or recommendations.