We’ve designed our Total Rewards package to provide employees with comprehensive benefit plans and competitive financial rewards. Total Rewards represents the full range of benefits we offer to employees, from financial compensation to health care coverage and beyond. We believe investing in both the personal and financial well-being of our employees is one of the reasons so many have chosen to build a long-term career with Legg Mason.
Health Care Coverage
We provide comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage to full and part-time employees, their eligible dependents, and/or domestic partners. Other benefits include:
- Wellness program
- Confidential employee assistance program
- Discounted memberships for fitness and health clubs
- Weight Watchers At Work program
- Annual influenza vaccine clinic
Paid Time Off (PTO)
To help our employees achieve a solid work/life balance, paid time off is provided to all benefits-eligible employees to help them manage their time off for reasons such as vacations, personal and family needs, and illness.
Education and Development
To assist employees with continual career development, we offer:
- Tuition reimbursement
- In-house classes and training
Flexible Spending Accounts
These accounts help our employees save money by setting aside pre-tax dollars for anticipated Health Care and Dependent Care expenses.
These programs allow employees to use pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting expenses, including transit passes, and parking fees.
- Adoption assistance
- Auto and home insurance discounts
- Employee referral incentives
- Employee discounts for a variety of consumer products
Compensation in addition to salary may include merit, bonuses and recognition programs.
Your 401(k) account at Legg Mason is designed to be one aspect of your retirement savings plan.
- Employees can contribute between 1% and 100% pretax
- Various funds offered for investments
- Match is 100% of the first 3% that you contribute and 50% of the next 3% that you contribute (capped at $10,000)
- Eligible to enroll at any time
The annual profit sharing contribution is determined at the end of the year. The contribution is discretionary and is based on company profits.
- Contribution is allocated as a percentage of covered compensation
- Employees need to have worked the full calendar year and be employed on December 31
- Part-time employees are eligible (need to work at least 1,000 hours during the year and be employed on December 31)
- Do not have to be enrolled in 401(k) plan to be eligible
The Employee Stock Purchase Plan offers eligible Legg Mason employees an opportunity to purchase Legg Mason common stock through payroll deductions on an after tax basis.
- Employees can contribute between 1% and 10% of pay up to $22,700 annually
- Company will match 10% of your contribution
- Must work at least 20 hours per week to be eligible
Insurance and Disability Benefits
Legg Mason offers a variety of products to make you feel secure, should the unexpected happen:
- Life Insurance options for employees and dependents
- Short and Long-term Disability Coverage
- Business Travel Accident and Global Travel Medical Insurance
Legg Mason provides market competitive benefit packages in each of its international locations. Each program is tailored to the specific location and reflects Legg Mason's global philosophy of holistic caring for our employees' well being.
The Company reserves the right to alter or discontinue these plans and programs at any time.